Subject: AlphaNT Modeler sluggishness
From: Daryl Bartley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 08:35:51 -0800

Hey, does this count as on-topic? :)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced the
problem I'm having with Modeler...

Running a Raptor3/275, Diamond Stealth64/VRAM-4mb, 64mb RAM (Standard
config essentially), and run into the following foibles:

In 256-color mode, both Layout and Modeler are wonderfully snappy. This
is great and all, but not very good for preview renders (or Powerview).

In 65,535-color mode, Layout is still peppy, but Modeler grinds to a
jarring halt, redrawing at least half as slowly as Modeler on an 040.

In True-Color mode, Layout starts performing badly, but Modeler is once
again a speed-demon..

 Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone with a similar setup NOT
had this problem? I thought at first it was part of the problems with
Alpha Rev A, etc. but after the fixed CD arrived the problems persisted.

Someone at tech support said they weren't sure what it could be, and that
I might want to call back again, so between then and now I figured I'd ask
the 'other tech support', i.e. the List.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post for such a simple question, I just 
wanted to make sure and explain it...

Thanks in advance..

-Daryl Bartley
 Senior Animator
 Node7/Empire Productions  

P.S. Sorry for contributing to the increasing tide of off-topic posts,
     that was definitely straying a bit far.